2018 Fire Bowl Registration
Saturday, September 29 |
Volleys on Blairs Ferry
The Fire Bowl began in 2010 as a charity 7-on-7 flag football tournament. It was created by members of the Cedar Rapids Fire Department and is a program operated by the Cedar Rapids Firefighters Foundation. The mission of our Foundation is to have a direct impact on the social, mental and physical well being of families living in Iowa. Our non-profit has donated more than $150,000 through this event to organizations that assist children right here in Iowa. In 2016, our event format changed from flag football to sand volleyball! The sand volleyball tournament features 100, 6-player teams. All teams are welcome. Each team is guaranteed at least 3 games! Register online, download the 2018 Fire Bowl Registration Form or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our board of directors realize that there are many charitable organizations that could use our support, so each year we choose a new cause to support. In 2018 we are teaming up with the St. Florian Fire & Burn Foundation. St. Florian works to reduce burn injuries and mortality through education and research, and to assist burn survivors and their families in maintaining a high quality of life.
- In 2017 we raised $6,790 for Cedar Rapids Police Protective Charity – Santa Cop program
- In 2016 we raised $7,940 for Aiming for a Cure Foundation
- In 2015 we raised $21,000 for the Safe Sleep Task Force
- In 2014 we raised $31,000 for the Miracle Burn Camp
- In 2013 we raised $41,000 for Sparky’s Truck
- In 2012 we raised $33,454 for the Folds of Honor Foundation
- In 2011 we raised $16,000 for the Make-A-Wish foundation of Iowa
- In 2010 we raised $4,000 and purchased AED’s